A month by month guide to bee tasks
A general summary of a beekeeping year with typical tasks to be done each month taking into account
that the timing of these may vary depending on the weather and the bees behaviour.
1. Keep up-to-date on all beekeeping matters by reading the BBKA News, magazines, reports etc.
2. Subscribe to a magazine such as BeeCraft or Beekeepers’ Quarterly.
3. Keep your bee suit in good order and clean regularly.
4. Have extra equipment ready for swarms, brood frame renewal etc.
5. Keep in touch with your Beekeeping association and attend their apiary meetings and other events.
6. Hive/colony inspections will vary depending on the month.
Download the month by month guide here: LINK TO NEW YEAR BEE CHART